Questions on Remington parts, and Marine Magnum.

sundance43.5

Hi everyone, I'm new here, and relatively new to shooting. I'm in the process of ordering a marine magnum. I have a few questions:

1) I have several uses for the marine magnum, but is it also a good hunting shotgun?

2) What upgrades do you recommend I have done to my stock shotgun?

3) Where is a good source for Remington accessories?

Thanks

Chris

1, yes, used correctly and within the range of that open choke.

2, none, now. Shoot it a while first and then you'll have a better idea of what is needed.

3, someone else can help you here, I get mods and addons locally.

HTH...

Truthfully, the only modification I can see on the MM would be a light and perhaps a new safety (if it has the new PC one).

The open choke will limit your distance hunting for birds, but not severely. Depending on the sights, it may work for deer. I've had problems with bead sights and slug hunting.

Giz

IME, a riot 870 with #8 field loads is one super quail gun.
I've done some hunting with cylinder bore shotguns, if I get on the bird fairly fast, no problem...

New Marine Magnum

If I get a new one, from a law enforcement distributor, is it going to have the PC safety? Do I have to request that it doesn't?

Thanks

It just depends. The ones in stock at a LEO distributer here do not have the new safety. Not sure what you would get if you ordered one. If it does come with the safety, you can get aftermarket ones to replace it.

Giz

Back