questions on new cz 527carbine (7.62x39)

swampcrawler

Inactive
Whats up guys? When researching firearms, posts from this forum have always been extremely helpful, so i decided it was time i join. Anyway, i had been drooling over the 527 carbine for a while. Walked into cabelas to pick up some x39 ammo, and the cz followed me home just couldnt help it, as its the the perfect weapon in many ways, in my openion and for my purposes. Anyway here are my questions.
1. Is the barrel supposed to be floated? It seems as though everything but about 4 inches if the right forearm isnt contacting steel.
2. I know its not a target rifle by any means, but my philosophy is, the more accurate you can get the rifle, the more room is left for human error while staying on target. I may be wrong, but its my thing lol. So would it help any at all to have the barrel floated?
3. Feel of the action is my biggest problem with the weapon. Could a compitant smith help that out? (Jewel/polish the bolt body?)
4. Would bedding the action help much?
5. Lastly, i dont care for the irons on the rifle so i believe it will be scoped. Idealy i want a 1-4 with a good ole duplex reticle. Thinkin luepold? Comments/suggestions on the choice of optic?

Thanks guys! Any other coments or suggestions are more than welcome. Im looking forward to what you folks have to say!

Back