Questions on export

B.A.

Wasn't sure where to post this, but it is mainly a legal issue, I suppose.

I live in Tanzania, so I will have to look up local regulations here on my own, but I know that several of you here are dealers, so from your end, what are the legal implications if I want to buy new grips for a CZ75 compact (I am not quite happy with the factory ones).

Are they in any way restricted as in can they in any way be classified as firearms or important parts thereof?

Or can anyone who has or makes them send them anywhere without permits etc? If not, what sort of paperwork would I be required to provide the seller?

What would be the preferred mode of transport?

How is payment normally made?

Anything else I should know?

(Please feel free to move this if I got the wrong board.)

Misc gun parts such as springs, grips etc are exempt from requiring a US export permit if the value is <$100 US.

It is the grips themselves, not the gun or any mechanical part(s) thereof.

"Misc gun parts such as springs, grips etc are exempt from requiring a US export permit if the value is <$100 US."

Thanks for that. I'll have a look at what's available out there.

yeah you should not have any problem getting your grips over there. the only time you have to worry about misc. guns parts are when you are entering a country that is in a current military crisis, (burma, sudan, laos) at that point the men in black leather coats just might take you out for a cup of coffee

Back