• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

questions from rookie, re: "bump", FTF

FTF:

Face-To-Face

Bump:

Is a post designed to bring the thread back to the top, "bump it" back to the top. You can't post without saying something so people say "bump"

FTF is sometimes written F2F.

Bump is sometimes written BTT which I think stands for Bump This Thread but I'm guessing there are other things it might mean..

And let's not forget the ever popular SPF - Sold Pending Funds - which means that a deal has been agreed to but the money hasn't been paid.

Thanks from me too, In other places I've posted, FTF was Failure To Feed, as opposed to FTE Failure To Eject, so I wondered also.

But I've seen TTT and bump before

I'm new here too.

The problem with abbreviations, especially within a jargon, is the multiple uses of a single abbreviation.

FTE = failure to eject or failure to extract, same problem to the shooter at he moment, but really quite different problems with different fixes.

BTT = bump to top or back to top ... differences with out much distinction.

Don't use them if there is ambiguity in their use.

Try not to use them at all. Then there is no problem with the reader understanding what they mean.

Bud Helms said:
Don't use them if there is ambiguity in their use.

Try not to use them at all. Then there is no problem with the reader understanding what they mean.
What good advice...

But when you come across a potentially ambiguous acronym, context can also be your guide: If someone puts "FTF" in a thread title in the "For sale..." forums, it's a pretty safe bet that they don't want to ship whatever they're selling. If someone in the semi-auto handgun forum starts a thread titled "FTF with Glock 19," it's a pretty safe bet that they're not talking about getting up close and personal with it.
;)

FTF = Failure to Feed
FTF = Failure to Fire
FTF = Face to Face

?? Huh what who?

I agree, don't use them. That's teenage text talk.

Here's a prime example of total confusion: Fs: Nib dpms lpk (pa)

Something new in the box for sale I think.

Last edited:
If someone in the semi-auto handgun forum starts a thread titled "FTF with Glock 19," it's a pretty safe bet that they're not talking about getting up close and personal with it.

But if they're in the Tactics and Training forum, then they could be about to recount a scenario :barf: :D

Back