• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Questions for GunShow Mods

xLPlushy

I have read the rules for the GunShow section and have a few questions.

I have a compound bow that I'd like to trade for a firearm of some sort or maybe some shooting gear, or sell outright.

I'm not exactly sure what firearm I would be interested in trading for, a bolt action rifle, revolver, semi auto pistol...the list of things I'd be open to is huge.

As I read in the rules "tell me what you have" type threads aren't allowed. To avoid violating the rules I'm here to ask if a thread narrowing down trade options would pass violation free....something along the lines of "I'd like to trade my item for 'x' caliber revolver, 'y' type of pistol or 'z' caliber bolt action rifle".

I have never bought a firearm thru an online forum such as TFL but I have done quite a few bow trades/sales/purchases on ArcheryTalk. Sadly AT doesn't allow trades for firearms of any kind, hence why I'm pondering this here.

Mods, please PM me or post here with answers. Thanks in advance for the help!!

Tapatalked via my highly abused iPhone

Your examples for the type of trades desired are fine. You don't have to be overly specific ("I will trade for a Remington 700 in 30-06"), so something like "I would like to trade for a bolt action in 30-06" or "... a 9mm semiauto" is perfectly acceptable.

If you want to look for trades for pistols/revolvers and rifles, you might want to create two separate threads in those two forums.

It's the type of posts that say something like, "I have this Playstation I would like to sell for $400, or I'll trade for something - tell me what you've got" that give us heartburn.

So before I post, here's what it will look like-- am I within the rules?

****FS/FT in PA: 2010 Martin ShadowCat

I have for sale a 2010 Martin ShadowCat with Cat 1.5 Cams, 27-30' DL(rotating mod), 60lb draw weight. Can include Sure-Loc Challenger and Extreme Archery scope with .010" pin and ARC Systeme fall-away rest.

Looking to trade for a .357mag or .44mag revolver-preferably S&W, or possibly a semi-auto pistol of some sort. Also interested in a small caliber centerfire bolt-action rifle. Will also sell outright -PM for price.****

Will posting the same in both forums be acceptable?

Tapatalked via my highly abused iPhone

Yes, that seems to be ok, and you can post it in both forums.

As a caution to other current and future members reading this - this is not a blanket go-ahead for any similar trade posts especially with regard to the "Will also sell outright ..." part. xLPlushy is trading or selling a bow (which would normally go in the Accessories forum) which is used in hunting, a valid forum on TFL. Referencing my previous example of a Playstation, attempting to sell a non-firearm or non-hunting related item is not allowed.

Back