Questions about NFA rules on suppressors

I have tried to run down information about the following questions, but have been unable to find anything on the BATFE site or on this or other forums.

1. If I own a silencer and it is attached to a rifle, and other folks have the combination to my gun safe, is this potential trouble?

2. Can other people (like relatives or friends) shoot my firearm with the suppressor?

3. If and when I kick the bucket, and the unit is still in my possession, what happens? :confused:

Opinions appreciated, facts are my main objective.

1. I'm not exactly sure, so I will let someone more experience answer.

2. Yes they can, however you have to be immediately present when they are doing so. And always have your suppressor paperwork when you take the suppressor out. Make several copies and keep one with the suppressor at all times, leave the original in a safety deposit box.

3. If it is not a trust with other people named as trustees, it can not be handed down. If you want to hand it down to children or give it to someone else, you should go the trust route and name them as trustees as well (meaning they legally own the suppressor as well). If you don't go that route, I am not exactly sure. I could take a guess at what I am 95% sure is correct, but I will hold off and let someone else get it 100% correct.

BATMFE

:D

Thanks for the replies. Saw a link online that states stuff about how the gubmint can nail you for the actions stated in the OP. I am overthinking this. Have ordered the YHM 5.56 and am headed into the beauricratic vortex of the BATFE.

When you die, the executor of your estate takes possesion of NFA firearms until the form 5 tax free transfers to your heirs is processed or the estate sells the item or there is an auction of assetts.

Thanks-David--Makes sense for my famliy to know this up front. Likely unless something takes me out suddenly, the unit will be sold after my days popping prairie poddles is over. When afternoons are spent in the back yard asleep in a hammock.

Back