Question..Winchester 70..225 cal..???

Keg

A friend has a Winchester model 70..225 caliber.....It is new in the box..made in 1964..never fired.....How much might it be worth??? He has several boxes of cartridges too.....

An unfired Model 70 in 225 Winchester chambering, new in box, with hang tags and manuals? Probably $4,000-$5,000.

Wouldn't it be push feed? 64 is not pre 64. There would be a huge difference in price between a push and a controlled round feed.

Wouldn't it be push feed? 64 is not pre 64. There would be a huge difference in price between a push and a controlled round feed.

20thru45.....exactly.....The main thing is..it is a rare caliber and new in box......

Scorch..I would not think nearly that much....but it is.. worth something to a collector......

How much?? I don't know....

What a nice find! I would love to have that rifle. Great cartridge. It pretty much mirrors the 22-250 in all regards. Bet its pricey tho. Good luck.

The day I got out of the Navy in Charleston, SC, I went to a local camera store that also sold firearms. I wanted a 22-250. The week before, they had a Remington 700 in that caliber and they had a new Winchester Model 70 in .225.

I bought the .225 and the owner of the store also sold me a Lyman 8x scope and mounted the scope on the rifle. The mount was a Marbles and had the eccentric bushing in front for major windage adjustment.

I killed my first groundhog with that gun. I could not shoot worth a crap, but an Army MSGT who was involved in ROTC at Washington University, lived in our same town and taught me the basics of shooting.

I bought the rifle in 1965 and traded it off probably in 1978 or so.

The cartridge never quite took off. It performed just fine for me. Brass is getting a little hard to come by now.

It is a shame the cartridge is not more popular. It is a sweet shooter.

Geetarman:D

Back