• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Question on search criteria

One of the search criteria, Search by Date, offers a 'Since Yesterday' option. Is that option the equivalent of 'within the last 24 hours,' 'within the last 48 hours,' or some other time span?

Thank you for your consideration.

It has appeared to me to be by date. That is to say it will show post made "back to" the date before. In example; If one were to do the search at midnight it would cover 48 hours. At one mintue after midnight would only yeld a search for 24 hours plus one minute.

But then I could be wrong. ;)

------------------
Gunslinger

TFL End of Summer Meet, August 12th & 13th, 2000

I'm pretty sure Gunslinger is correct. The date comparison is made on the date value only, time of day is not taken into account.

You mean I finally got a computer question correct?
Hey Rich, now can I be TFL Grand Hoompapa? Forget moderator and administrator, I want the big furry hat with the big ol' horns stickin' out either side. :D :D :D

------------------
Gunslinger

OMG Rich, does he get everything he wants, you know how hard he is to live with already, now all he will say is "I don't have to because Rich made me Grand Hoompapa" Thanks buddy I'll remember you next time you need help. LOL

------------------
WHEN IT COMES TO FRIENDS THE SKY IS NOT THE LIMIT

Ok, Smart One, you get the hat.

BUT you NOW must comply with the rules! (heh, heh, heh.)

Rule #1: You MUST use the proper title! ["Grand Hoompapa" indeed! (snort!)]
The correct title is:

Imperial Potentate!

(with apologies to Ray Stevens!)

Rule #2: When you wear the Imperial Potentate Hat, that's ALL you wear!
Got it? Nothing else!!!! JUST THE HAT!!! ;)

BTW, I'm sending it (heh, heh, heh) UPS!
COD!!! :D :D

(I can't wait to see who wears the hat in that family!!! :D )

("How'd you get that big Harley UP on that diving board???")

Dennis, are you going to forward the 80 page manual that explains all the responsibilities that go with ownership of "The Hat". Does Gunslinger know that in addition to Latrine Police he has to buy the first two rounds for all TFL members at any gathering where there are 3 or more TFL members present? I think one of those is coming up sometime in the near future, isn't it?

Dennis is that Potentate or Potenent? LOL
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Rule #2: When you wear the Imperial Potentate Hat, that's ALL you wear!
Got it? Nothing else!!!! JUST THE HAT!!!
[/quote] Hmmmmm this sounds interesting, a sight for eyes, maybe we can sell tickets. Dennis he just said he is very proud of his new title. LOL

------------------
WHEN IT COMES TO FRIENDS THE SKY IS NOT THE LIMIT

[This message has been edited by terridarri (edited June 02, 2000).]

Oh, JEEZ! <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>When you wear the Imperial Potentate Hat, that's ALL you wear! Got it? Nothing else!!!! JUST THE HAT!!![/quote]Now that's a visual I just DID ... NOT ... NEED!

:eek: Baaaarrrrf ALERT! :eek:

Awwww, Mal. I was hopin’ nobody would tell him about the manual until it he
got in over his head! Then I was gonna SELL it to ‘im. I need money to buy
ammo for the August Meet!!!

Wait a minute. ... They are the ones hosting the meet. ... Hmmmm.
Welllll, Okaaaay.
Go ahead and send him your bootleg copy. Mine somehow got , um,
misplaced. ;)
-----

TD,

Yeah! Photos would be nice and I’d appreciate ‘em. However (he says with
trembling fingers), just from the waist up, okay! :D

On second thought, just hold them for our little August get together. We don't need to get in trouble with the U.S. Postal Authorities! Heck, they'd send Lon Horiuchi and the dipsticks from Miami on this one! :D :D

<quietly reading TFL as I sit shivering>
Geez, I need to turn that a/c down.....up.....oh, my looks like I been caught swimmin' in a cold stream........hope TD hasn't figured out how to sue that web cam yet.......is this thing on? <tap, tap><best turn this thing to face the wall>

------------------
Gunslinger TFL Imperial Potentate

Back