Question on Saker 7.62 and Mounts

wilkerr1

I want to equip my two ARs (Colt 6920LE and Colt CRP-18) with a silencer. I have never dealt with silencing an AR and have questions. I see they're are many style of mounts for the Saker, which ones would be recommended to put on my Colt's to host the Saker. Also, are they difficult to install? From reviewing past post it looks like the Saker 7.62 is the most chosen of all new silencers out there for ARs, if I am mistaken please give me some advice. I really like my Spectra II made by Silencerco, so I'm leaning towards the Saker.

...... From reviewing past post it looks like the Saker 7.62 is the most chosen of all new silencers out there for ARs.....
Is your AR a .223/5.56 or a .300Blkout (or other caliber?

While you can use a .30cal can on a .223/556 it will not be as quiet as a .223/556 can.

As to popularity, I've only been transferring NFA stuff for a couple of years and out of 40-50 suppressors exactly zero have been Sakers. By far the most popular are the AAC cans. (I don't sell them, just transfer them)

wilkerr1 said:
I see they're are many style of mounts for the Saker, which ones would be recommended to put on my Colt's to host the Saker.
It all depends on which MAAD mount you get. The Saker is unique in that you can switch out the rear end, called a MAAD mount. These different MAAD mounts let you attach your Saker to several different company's muzzle devices depending on which MAAD mount you have attached to your Saker. The best MAAD mount is probably the proprietary SilencerCo mount, but many people get the one that fits to AAC's 51T muzzle devices because AAC's cans are extremely popular and therefore their muzzle devices are very common.
wilkerr1 said:
Also, are they difficult to install?
Not at all. Virtually all silencer muzzle devices install the same way: Degrease your threads, put a few drops of Rocksett on the threads, then torque the muzzle device on. If it's a compensator or brake, it will need to be timed in the correct orientation with the provided shims. Don't use crush washers or any other type of washer or spacer; only use shims specifically designed for silencer mounts, and never use more than three. Then wait for 24 hours for the Rockett to dry before you shoot your rifle.

dogtown tom said:
While you can use a .30cal can on a .223/556 it will not be as quiet as a .223/556 can.
That's almost always true, but the Saker has a removable endcap, and if you put the 5.56 endcap on the 7.62 Saker it will be quieter with 5.56 than the 5.56 Saker is.

That's almost always true, but the Saker has a removable endcap, and if you put the 5.56 endcap on the 7.62 Saker it will be quieter with 5.56 than the 5.56 Saker is.

+1

Watch this video review of the Saker 762 done by Silencershop.com

http://youtu.be/LRusPhr4c0E

When I buy a suppressor it will be a Saker 762, probably going to go the trust route.

FWIW, my first rifle can was a Saker. I have shot it on a 12.5" AR, and on my .308 bolt gun (flash hider and break, respectively). Installed the muzzle devices myself, though I do have appropriate tools. For the AR's, that was the Reaction rod, though I understand Brownells has their own version as well, and Magpul came out with a similar tool recently too.

I bought the Saker 762 because I plan on it being used primarily on 5.56, but it will see 30 cal duty with .300 BO, as well as occasional .308 use, but I also intend to get another can for more precision use. With that said, I experienced about a 2" low, 2" right POI shift on the .308 at 100yds, but with a zero correction there I had no issues at longer ranges either.

Overall a great can, I am actually considering a second, and would have already ordered if they did a "Saker 762-K" version, like they are for the 5.56 cans.

thank you all for the info. my ARs are 5.56, but want the option of using it on other calibers as my arsenal grows.

Back