Question Kimber or HK - CC

pinetree

I've had nothing but problmes form my Kimber. It is at the factory now after already having a local Kimber smith work on it. All different problems. It feeds fine it's other things like machine gunning and dropping the mag and having the grip saftey stick...great for cc cocked and locked. Any way, eventhough I'v already bout extra mags and all I'm thinking about making an offer to my dealer for an HK USP compact in 45acp. What do you guys/gals think?

tjg

#1 I don't think this is indicative of Kimber at all. I just bought one & it is perfect. I think that their sales have grown dramatically in the last year, on good reputation.

#2 Although I think you bought one of the less expensive of their models, they are required to make it work properly or replace it. If they follow through with this then you should just accept that Shtuff happens and move on...

However, if you find customer service to stink and they return the same gun with all the same problems, then go ahead & post here and let everyone know. That's one of the functions of this type of board, to share our good and bad experiences so that we are all much more informed than possible otherwise.

I have had a lot of Kimbers all very nice guns...However I went with HK in the 45c you discussed....I put 500 rounds out the gun without a bobble and some were sloppy reloads..I would go with the HK I really feel that for going bang it would be my choice between the two..I now carry a P230 in 357 Sig and for me it is the ultimate carry gun...I did the wet newspaper thing to get a feel for the impact...I couldnt because it kept distroying the whole stack.

Gary

Back