Question for you CZ shooters

rblack

I already have a CZ75B full size and the PCR compact in the black polymer finish. I was just in my local gun shop and he has a 75 full size and compact, both with hard chrome finish. He has them marked at $440, but said he would sell either for $400.

Does this sound like a good price for the hard chrome?
The trigger pull on both of these guns is just exceptional. I am really really tempted to get one, just not sure of which one.

Thanks

might be a little high, but just a few bucks. around here you can get a 75b in black for about $340 to $350. before sales tax. wholesale guns and ammo has military 75's, nib i think, for $309.00. but the you have to pay an ffl for a transfer, and the shipping. probably come up to $350 easy. they gotcha either way.$50 for hard chrome?probably worth it.
kdub

I agree, the price seems pretty good. In KC the CZ 75B is being purchased for 389.00 but the same dealer will sell you hi-caps for $20-25 if you purchase the gun...not such a bad deal.

rblack - I've got my eye on a CZ-75D Compact with the alloy frame. It looks and feels great. My dealer wants $399 for it and I am soooo tempted. Is your compact the lightweight alloy frame model? How do you like it compared to the full size CZ-75?

$400 for a Nickel finished one is a good price. It's good for a PCR too. I don't believe they offer CZ-75's with hard chrome but they do come in electoless nickel. I have one and it's very nice, shows no wear from holstering and playing with it.

shiro

rblack,
If by exceptional you mean the trigger pull is something like an ultra crisp 1 1/2 pounds,one of those guns may be something other than a nickle finish CZ75b. Since you already have 2 CZ's, you're in a good position to judge the feel compared to what you have already. CZ makes a CZ 75 ST, which has an exceptional trigger, possibly the best of any recent factory offering bar none. There's a picture of it at CZ's site. The St is a single action only though, so it would be pretty easy to tell right away if there was a mix up by the dealer.

http://www.cz-usa.com/cz75.html

The nickle finished CZ75b is selling locally for $420.00, so by comparison $400.00 is a good price. The ones I've handled though don't have a trigger that can be called exceptional. The ST though. Man oh man what a trigger! It isn't that it's just a light trigger, it's so smooth it fools you.We're talkin wet ice against wet ice smooth. The first time I dry fired it it almost went off by itself, Once I tried it a few more times, it was easy to get the feel of it. I bought my CZ75b, which is the regular polymer finish in hopes that a smith could duplicate the trigger of the ST. It was later that I found out the ST is a different mechanism.

Thanks for all the replies, the guns may indeed have the nickel finish, the dealer said hard chrome. Both guns are SA/DA so it couldn't be the model that RAE is talking about. I've never seen a SA CZ so far. I'm mostly talking about the SA trigger pull, very crisp and no creep whatsoever. They seem slightly better than my two .

Pussball, My PCR compact does have the alloy frame with the decocker and improved rear sight, much like a Novak. I like the compact and full size equally well, but seem to shoot the compact a little better myself.

I noticed the grips on the full size nickel gun are thinner, especially at the bottom than on my full size polymer model, and they do not have the raised thumb rest.
I think the grips on the nickel gun are more comfortable.

Does anyone know if Hogue makes wood grips for the CZ? I think a nice rosewood would look nice .

i have a new sa. it does have a pretty good trigger.i think the st is the race gun, same mech as the sa, but better tolerances. ditto on the hogues, anything out there? the factory grips are cheesy.
kdub

Back