Question for SASS members

bigpappa10mm

Inactive
I'm trying to suit up for my first cowboy shoot and was wondering what type of boots are allowed . I would rather have a standard type cowboy boot that I wore under my pant leg rather than the knee high mule ears worn outside of pants. Thanks

About any round toed pull on boot with no lugs visible from the sides will work for most classes.

Those boots are fine. Classic Cowboy & B-Western are the only categories that are strict about the boots you wear.

B western requirement is : • All boots must be of traditional design with fancy stitching or multi-color fancy design with smooth, non-grip enhancing soles. Lace up boots and moccasins are not allowed.

Classic Cowboy requirement is :All boots must be of traditional design with leather or smooth rubber, nongrip enhancing soles.

And the outlawed items are: • All types of athletic shoes or combat boots no matter the material from which they are constructed.

After that, everything else is pretty much wide open. Ariats, Lace-ups, Redwings, almost any kind of boot is good as long as you aren't wearing tennis shoes.

Back