Question for Dude

cig1ar

Dude,

You responded to my post about .22 pistols.
You talked about a Colt .22, I found a picture in a 1999 gun guide.........They called it a Colt .22 target pistol......It looks very cool! I went to Colt's web site, no mention of this pistol anywhere. Do you have any info on this Colt?

Thanks,

Cig1ar

In their thrashing around to try to produce a commercially viable handgun, Colt a few years ago introduced a new 22 LR. It wasn't the Woodsman as that was too expensive to manufacturer nowadays. IIRC - they may have wanted to call the new one the Woodsman or some other cool name but that was already used by another trademark, so they went to a no-name gun.

Given that Colt has abandoned most of the private handgun market and wants to take HK with it, the gun is toast.

Plenty of other 22s out there.

i own one of the colt target .22's 6"bbl s/steel with full rail scope mount and adj sites. very nice plinker right on the money you point at target it hit's where you aim. just put a tasco pdp3 on it for grins. other than COLT TARGET MODEL on the l/side of the barrel it has nothing else on it stating what it is. oh yeah the serial # starts off with TMxxxxx. and parts are still available from colt as per a phone call to them after their announcement of civilian sales discontinuing for certain products. paid $250 for mine lnib with 2 mags and all paper work. definately a nice .22 to add to anyones collection

IT IS THE COLT 22. IT HAS A 4"BBL AND IS S/STEEL THE MAG IS 10ROUND IT WAS INTRODUCED IN 1994. AND THATS THAT.

Back