• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Question: Am I allowed to do this?

Ofc644

Inactive
Q:Are we allowed to do this?

Are we allowed to sell ammo via this forum or is it against the rules?

I purchased the wrong ammo yesterday from Walmart and the ATF Law prevents retailers from accepting 'returns' on ammo. Now I'm stuck with $100 worth of ammo I can't use. Can anyone suggest to me what I can do -- if anything -- with this ammo.

Last edited:
You can sell it here, once you satisfy the requirements to gain access to the buy/sell/trade forums on TFL.

No for sale/trade ads may be placed in other portions of TFL.

You're gonna have to sell it locally -- I think it's legal to ship if you label it ORM-D but none of the common carriers will accept it. And it's illegal to ship without having it properly marked. So you might have better luck listing it in a local sale paper, like the Thrifty Nickel. I sold some ammo I didn't want that way a couple of years ago.

I'm pretty sure it's against Craigslist policy to sell ammo there, but you can check. If I'm wrong about the policy, that'll be your quickest way to sell it. Good luck. :)

I think it's legal to ship if you label it ORM-D but none of the common carriers will accept it.
I have shipped ammunition via UPS with no problem at all. You just can't ship it from one of the storefronts, you have to take it to a shipping hub.

You do have to label it properly, I found a label online and printed it.

Storefront shipping locations are usually not owned by the actual shipping company nor staffed by employees of the shipping company. They usually don't know the rules and therefore reject anything out of the ordinary. If you go to a location owned and operated by employees of the shipping company there is almost never a problem with shipping anything that is legal to ship. If there is, ask for a supervisor.

Shipping ammo

I also have shipped ammo using both UPS, and FedX, never had a problem, the ordinance markings were even put on the boxes using a wide felt marker,( there is a portion of the UPS shipping guide that shows what it looks like).

Good luck,
warwagon

Now I'm stuck with $100 worth of ammo I can't use. Can anyone suggest to me what I can do -- if anything -- with this ammo.

Buy a gun it fits in. :)

With shipping costs, I doubt it would be worthwile to sell $100 worth of ammo to anyone that's not local.

Back