Question about the Glock 34 and 34C.

Redhook

I have a friend who is interested in a glock target pistol in 9mm and I recommended that he look at a G34. We talked with a store clerk and I was wondering if you guys could answer a couple of questions?

First he wasn't sure if the Glock 17 mags fit in the 34. True/False?

Second, he claims that the ported Glock 34C is a waste of time. Not only does the 9mm not warrant the porting due to the light recoil, but that gun won't function properly unless you use +P or +P+ ammo. He claimed that the barrel is too long and the loss of pressure due to the porting won't force the slide all the way back during recoil. This causes jams and stovepipes. True/False?
He claims that the 34 functions fine.

Any other general info with regards to malfunctions, accuracy, etc., about the 34 and 34C would be appreciated.

-Red-

G17 mags fit the G34, the frames are identical.

As far as there being a G34C, that's a new one on me. All G34s have a cutout in the slide, not for compensation but to lighten the slide. The barrels are not compensated.

See, now that's what I thought. The salesman took it upon himself to go into this long description about the compensated model, although he only had the std 34 there. He made a couple of references back to a compensated model 17C, but he stated that since the 34 already had the notch in the slide that it was natural that they would port it. Well, now I know.

-Red-

I just bought a G34 and love it. If you want an accurate 9mm for IPSC, steel plates, GSSF, or just greater velocity out of the 5.3" barrel for accurate 50 and 100 yard shots, the G34 is an excellent choice.

With some fullf and buff, the trigger can be smoothed to the feel of a nice single action trigger.

BUT I don't believe there is a compensated model. That boy was must have been smokin dope!

Goto GlockTalk and go into the Niners forum and ask away.

I always hate hearing about doofus gun store employees who have no business opening their pie holes. Too many of them only have one or two guns. The others own dozens. Find the salemen who owns one of those guns and talk to him or her.

If you work a gun store job, you should be a gun expert able to sell most guns in the store - 1911s, Glocks, Sigs, HKs, Buckmarks, AR15s, AKs, shotguns, rifles, hunting gear, and reloading.

I don't buy guns from idiots and non-reloaders. Their knowledge is too limited. I also don't buy from non-shooters. And you shouldn't either. Even if they are not on commission, the store owner keeps a sales tally to know who his best salemen are. I like to reward knowledgeable people to make sure they stay there a while.

And with Glocks being so popular with so much info out there, that guy is either ignorant or lazy. Either way, he wouldn't get my money.

But the G34 has the competition trigger pull and the cutout making the thing as light as a feather and it has minimal recoil even for a 9mm. You could shoot 1,000 + rounds out of it in a day and still want to shoot more.

It's a buy if you're looking for a longslide Glock. The key is can you buy it for $575 or less NIB.

Back