Question about Star

robin48

I have two 45 cal. Star. The finish is nickle cadium. Serial numbers are sequential. They are in excellent condition. I have not been able to find any info on the finish on this weapon. It is a factory finish not aftermarket. Does anyone know anything about it? What they may be worth or whom I can contact to find out. Thanks

Star (Echeverria) did make some nickel-finished guns, but I'd bet it's their Starvel finish - brushed chrome. I have no idea what the model is or the value. Star's used to run in the $250 to $500 range, but that was years ago. Interarms imported a lot of them.

john

Star made both a full sized .45, and the small "PD" model.
The full sized gun was offered in blue and chrome. The PD was offered in blued, two tone chrome/alloy, and possibly Starvel. Starvel was a satin electroless nickel. There is no nickel cadmium plating. Model numbers, or pictures, will help get you more information.

My primary concern is finding out what they may be worth to an interested buyer. I cannot find any info on them or even any pictures that look like these

Back