Question about Sig 239?????

sgoeing

How does the 239 compare to the 229 in accuracy and reliability? And are the barrels interchangable from .40 and .357. Also can you get a 9mm barrel for the .40 version.
Thanks
Michael

SIG P239

I have a P239 in 357SIG which I purchased not long ago. Before that I had one in 40sw. Sold it for the new one. The 357SIG cartridge is, in my opinion the finest all around pistol calibre. It also one of the most accurate. For me with my hand size it is more accurate than the P229. I think it just fits my hand better. My P239 has Millett aftermarket sights on it and I use it once in awhile for IDPA matches. I love it. My favorite pistol. Ive also thought about putting a Tasco Optima on it, just for kicks. We cant carry in Wisconsin so thats not a problem.

jason

Recoil

The .40 is snappier with more muzzle jump. The 357SIG is more of a straight back push. I found the 357SIG to be much easier to control, especially with double taps or running the mozmbique drill.

jason

I have a P239 and lots of experience with the P229. The 229 is slightly more accurate. However, for whatever reason the P239 is more reliable. I have never seen a P239 malfunction. I can't say the same for the 229s...

I had a 9mm 239 before I sold it when the 357 sig version came out. The 239 in 357 sig is a little beafier but not by much. The 357 sig is the best period.
PAT

I am thinking that the difference in the performance of the 9mm and .357 would be made upi in the faster followup shots.

sgoeing

The 9mm can not bust through barriers as well as the 357 sig nor is it that much faster to shoot. The extra stopping power achieved by the 357 sig makes up for any slight increase in rate of follow up shots my the 9mm.
PAT

Back