Question about Remington and Baikal Double Rifles

MurrayNevada

I bought these two double rifles NIB a few years ago and put them away unfired:

Remington SPR22 - Double Barrel SxS Rifle - 45/70 Government - 23.5” Barrel - Walnut/Blued
&
Baikal MP-221 - Double Barrel SxS Rifle - 30-06 Springfield - 23.5” Barrel -Walnut/Blued

My question is: Do these double rifles have any real value today?

Thank you

I have a 45-70 SXS Remington Baikal... & I like the gun... I've not personally seen a SXS 30-06... the only ( 6-7 ) 30-06's I've seen were over unders... I need another 30-06 like I need a hole in my head, but think if I ran across a SXS '06 I'd be reaching for my wallet, as long as I could get it for somewhere between $400.00 & $600.00 :)

I need another 30-06 like I need a hole in my head, but think if I ran across a SXS '06 I'd be reaching for my wallet, as long as I could get it for somewhere between $400.00 & $600.00
Many Cabela's stores have them regularly. ;)

They have a "jack screw" midway down the barrels & are adjustable...

attachment.php

I'm kind of curious as to just how good the regulation is on a $600 double rifle.

very good, it even keeps on regulating on its own:D

my mate got one because he needed a double rifle he wouldn't mind dinging up slopping thru mud and worse, but frankly it sucked, could not get the barrels regulated at all and the first barrels own accuracy was lackluster

duelist on this forum seems to like his thou
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmNynB30pSM

my mates one was in 4570 and you'd have trouble hitting a barn form the inside with it.

Cool idea, a double that can be user-regulated. Adjusting a jack screw sounds a whole lot easier than unsoldering the rib, putting a different size shim or wedge between the barrels, resoldering, and then test shooting and repeating until the regulation is acceptable.
Also, a gun that's regulated perfectly for one bullet weight will not be regulated for another bullet weight. The bore lines have to converge slightly to compensate for the rightward muzzle jump of the right barrel and the leftward muzzle jump of the left barrel while the bullet is still in the barrel.

Back