Question about priceing on a used .54 cal.

Gunruner

Hello folks, I'm about to come into possession of a Lyman Great Plains .54 cal caplock rifle in right hand. It's excellent to new condition( fired but zero corrosion and appears unfired) and has the 1 in 60 twist barrel and very dark wood. No dings, dents or wear. I'm thinking of listing it here on the for sale/trade board. Do you think $325 plus shipping is appropriate? I know what these sell for NIB but see few for sale used. This will be sold without any accessories. I'm really trying to find a Ruger Old Army with adjustable sights in the same condition and will use the $ to fund the Ruger. Just let me know if you think I'm in the ballpark for what I'm probably going to ask. Thanks in advance.................Mike

I think that's a pretty fair price for a used one. I wish I had the extra cash for it I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

If I had the funds handy I would deffinitly buy your rifle, I've only been wanting one for some time but $325.00 + $30.00+ for shipping would make it just out of my range at the moment.

Great price my friend & I'm sure that some one will buy it in short order, when you post the add I'll keep an eye on it..

A local gunshop has a used blue Ruger Old Army with adjustable sights for $279 that was in excellent condition.
It was there a few weeks ago, and I'll bet that it would only cost about $300shipped if it's still available.
PM me if you want the name of the shop. :)

Not considering you can buy a brand new one from Midway for under $400.

Edit:
Well nevermind that. Looks like they went up $60 since I got mine last year. Paid $395 last September, it's now $455.

Back