Question about my renewal form

zxcvbob

I just got the form in the mail to renew my 03-FFL. It asks how many firearms I acquired with the old license and how many I got rid of (might not be the exact wording.)

I'm probably making too much out of it and it doesn't matter, but how do I count a gun that I bought, inspected it, and sent it back to the seller and got my money back? I did record it in my bound book, and then recorded it back out to the same person. Do I not count that one at all, or do I add it to both numbers?

I'm pretty sure the whole point of that question is to make sure I'm not dealing in C&R's rather than collecting them, and the difference between 0 and 1 is not going to put me on their radar screen. I'd still like to do it right

You entered it in your bound book. Simple. 1 acquisition, 1 disposition.
BTW they ain't keepin' score!!!:D
(Unless maybe you show a hundred or so bought, and a hundred or so sold!:eek:)

Some people think that an 03-FFL can be used as a dealer's 01-FFL or they buy for others. So now they are tracking who is selling what.

Some people think that an 03-FFL can be used as a dealer's 01-FFL or they buy for others. So now they are tracking who is selling what.

I've had my 03 FFL (C&R) for more than 10 years. 3 renewals, and that question has been on the renewal from for each. Nothing new, just a formality. Unless you give them some reason to suspect you are acting as a dealer.

Back