Question about K-38

Hutch

When did the Model 14 get replaced by the 14-1? Did S&W ever offer an orange or red insert in the Patridge front sight on this model? How about a white outline rear sight?

Thanks in advance.

Dash one occured in 1959, indicates change from right-hand to left-hand thread on ejector rod. (Jinks)

No idea on the sight question.

Sam

Thanks, Sam and Mike. Sam, I guess that means mine "new" one (I REALLY like this one gun a month stuff) was made 'tween '57 and '59, as it is marked Mod 14 inside the crane on the frame. Mike, I am really jealous of your S&W Encyclopedia. I've been to 2 gun shows looking for one since last we spoke of it, and I still can't find one.

Hutch,

The Standard Catalog of Smith & Wesson is currently out of print... I'd offer you one of mine (I have two), but I don't use the one because it is signed by Rick Nahaus, who is one of the authors.

But have heart!

I spoke Rick a couple of weeks ago (well, we actually traded phone messages), and the 2nd edition is currently at the printer.

He's hoping for a July release. :)

Hutch,

When it comes out and you get a copy, give me a shout and I'll see what I can do.

Now that the one shop where we used to regularly cross paths has closed, I talk with him on the phone a lot more than I do in person.

What I can do is call him, find out when he's hitting a show, and be there at the same time.

Back