Question about a Commemorative Rifle's age

mrbill317

Inactive
I have a cherished Teddy Roselvelt 30-30 Commemorative Winchester , Octagon Barrel that has been in my posession since 1970. My father gave it to me. It is in very good condition.

Now my question is in what year was the winchester produced? My old man says he got it before he was married. I personally think its from 68-69 year but did they ever release any others around 60-63?

Thanks guys

Winchester commemoratives were first introduced in 1964, so your rifle is not a pre-64. The Winchester 94 Teddy Roosevelt Commemorative was produced in 1968. As far as value, there were so many commemoratives produced that they have little or no additional value over a standard production rifle of the same era in the same condition.

You posted " it is in very good condition", alas, the only way they have any real value is--new on the box, never fired, with all the papers -, other wise you just have a fancy hunting rifle that would be hard to sell.

When I sold guns I took the occasional used commemorative in on consignment. They always sold for about 2/3 what a standard model of the same type sold for. The real collectors guns were those regular guns that got some of the left over commemorative parts put on'm.

The Winchester Theodore Roosevelt came in a rifle and carbine.
Both were produced in 1969.
The serial number for both ran from TR1 to TR 52386.
Issue price was $135, with a current Blue Book value listed at $595 for one in 100% new condition.

There were 52,386 made so they aren't rare.

Back