Query: Source for Garand clip carrier/belt/bandoleer

I picked up a bunch of Chinese surplus bandoliers made for SKS stripper clips at jgsales.com for $10 each. Each of the ten pockets holds one Garand clip, with room to spare. I stuff a little newspaper in them so that the clips are easier to pull out. There are also a few places on the net (such as http://www.surplusfirearms.com/bandolie.htm) where you can get the original bandoliers used to distribute clipped M2 ammo to the military. These are flimsy cloth wth cardboard liners, however, and not really meant for repeated use.

Does it have to be a Garand belt? I had the same search going on and found that most or all were to costly or poorly made. What I did find that works well for me are the new "Case First Aid-Compass LG-1" nylon pouches at $2 a piece. Each will hold 2 en-blocs and can be used on a regular pistol belt or with the Alice clip removed and threaded on to the belt suspenders, if you use them. This set up lets me carry 96 rds, 3 pouches on each suspender strap, with room for more if needed. Hope this helps.

Check the guide for WX0-18763-189-000. Ten pocket belt for $14.97. Somewhat similar to the real ones. Holds 10 clips. Works fine. Made in India.

thanks everyone.

Keep the info coming.

3gun: where are you buying these pouches from?

Regards,

Bob

Back