Qualifying with Sub9

Today was Fun, Fun, Fun!

I use to be on my department's SWAT team (of course for political reasons they don't call it that), but after I hurt my neck I've had to limit my physical activities, so I resigned from the team. Fortunately, I am allowed to attend some of their training sessions with prior approval. For those unfamiliar with SWAT teams, every training session, the team members must "qualify" with their weapons, be it HK53, MP5, HK USP, etc., etc. In order to qualify, they must successfully complete a series of shooting positions and tactics, including shooting with off-hand, tactical reloading, and so on.
Today was a "make-up" day, so there were only a few other officers so they allowed me to attempt to complete the qualifying course with my Kel-Tec Sub 9 Rifle (9mm). The odds were not in my favor. The others had HK53 with three, twenty round magazines. I had two 15 round magazines and no sidearm (for jams and transition drills). I needed the Sub 9 to perform perfectly for me to complete the course. A single jam and I was cooked! The results.....I threw on shot! Dang. Heck, I was happy. The gun performed flawlessly and accurately (we only go to 50 yards). I was proud of myself. The old buzzard still got it!!!

Just thought that I'd share. Anyone else got similar stories?

Glad to hear you had fun. Lest the rest of us forget, most SMGS are fired single shot with burst or full auto used only in close quarter combat.

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

Back