Q's re Training Class

Seminole1986

Will be attending a training class in 2 mos. Plan to use my Sig 232 b/c this is my carry gun. I need a holster for the class and am considering the Fobus paddle holster b/c I can use it afterward when wearing a jacket. Would prefer a paddle b/c I can quickly remove it w/out having to undo my belt. Any thoughts?

Train like you fight...

IMHO - I'd try to use the holster that you carry on a regular basis. I've shot several IDPA matches with an IWB for the training benefits. If I was going to spend money for a class, I'd strongly advise you to maximize the learning curve with your carry rig.

The only problem with recommending holsters is that each of us has a different body. I don't like paddle holsters (uncomfortable) but i have several IWBs. Go figure.....

The Frobus seems to be a decent design. If you like it, go for it.

Giz

Thanks. My daily holster is a Smartcarry pubic pouch b/c of the nature of my dress and the climate in Miami. I think this would be out of the question for the training class. I've got a Bianchi (?) IWB holster. Good design but I'm just uncomfortable w/it. Also too dificult to remove quickly.

Back