Python Reblue

PKAY

Some time ago I posted that a Python I had purchased from a pawn shop for $225 (6" bbl, blue) was going back to Colt for a complete refurb in Royal Blue and timing. It had some pitting on the right side of the muzzle and some on the cylinder. Just got it back last week. WOW!! What a job they did! It looks and feels brand new. They returned it in a new locking hard plastic box with manual. I had found a set of finger groove Pachmyers for it at a gun show earlier in March and married the grip up with the Python when I got it back. Since one can't buy a Python in CA except through private party transfer, the investment was worth every penny ($210). So, for a total of $435, this Python is back in new condition. BTW, I would not have re-finished it anywhere but the factory and Colt's Royal Blue.

I love a story with a happy ending. A nice Python around here is $600 to $700 (and sometimes more.) I keep looking for a deal, but I'm not in a rush because I get to use my father's whenever I like.

John

LF - The whole process took about 6 weeks. One of those weeks, Colt technicians were on a company shut-down (an apparent cost saving measure). I kept a file of telecon notes by date and who I spoke with to obtain status of my order. The Colt folks were most friendly and accommodating in providing me with info about where my gun was in the refurb cycle. From what I understand the process is supposed to take less than a month, but I wasn't in a big rush, and I preferred they take their time and do a great job. And they did. I don't have a digital camera, so I can't scan in the finished product, but I was extremely satisfied.

Back