python/king cobra?

youngun

Could some of you Colt afficienados please 'splain to me the differences between these two guns?
I dry-fired a Python the other day, to disastrous ends (must have one!) and I see this King Cobra for half the price.
Do they both (and the Anaconda, for that matter) have that same sweet, light, smooth trigger?

Oh, by the way...
it's, uh, for my wife.
yeah.

youngun

yes.my anaconda has a perfect triger.a friend of mine collects colt pythons and cobras and preferes the cobras.

Pythons and Cobras have totally different internal lockworks, the Cobra isn't generally as smooth as it comes from Colt, but is generally considered much stronger, more durable and cheaper to make. The Anaconda shares it's internal workings with the Cobra.

The trigger pulls are different, the Python is more likely to have a better trigger pull but a decent 'smith can put a very nice trigger pull on a Cobra - better than what you can get on a Ruger (and I love my GP100!). Some perfer the Python pull, others the Cobra. I like the Cobra feel better than the Python myself.

I have a Python and an Anaconda. Both have good triggers, but I find the Python is smoother and feels more refined. I'm also told that the Python trigger mechanism is more subject to breakage, though.

The King Cobra IS a nice gun, but, if you can afford it, buy a Python. It's still the finest production handgun in the world.
The Cobra can't be tuned to the same level the Python can.

Which would you rather have......a Ford or a Rolls Royce?

Back