PWA stripped Lower

Frank the Spank

Hi,

I just ordered from Rock River Arms ( www.rockriverarms.com ) a PWA lower stripped reciever and had some questions..

First off I'd like to say how nice and helpfull the people were at RRA, made ordering this and going through my FFL dealer a pleasant one..

I was wondering do PWA lowers use standard parts? so in 10 years from now will I be able to use regular AR-15 parts or Bushmaster parts to upkeep my gun? And I was also wondering if PWA is any good.. how does it compare to other AR-15 recievers? Will it outlast me, or will it break and I'll never own a AR-15 again? (I'm in CA)

Thanks for any help guys!

-Frank the Spank

Frank I've built 4 AR's with PWA lowers with no problems. They all went together fine and so far they are all still shooting. I kept 2 and sold 2. The one I shoot the most is in the CAR configuration and it has close to 6K round through it with no problems.

Some people bag on the PWA lowers but I think they are alright. The fit and finish on the PWA is a little rougher than some other lowers but that doesn't affect the function.

Your lower should work with any AR parts you purchase for it. I like Bushmaster and genuine Kolt internal parts myself. The Kolt parts are usually slightly better finished but the bushmaster parts are usually quite a bit cheaper.

Have fun, Woody

Back