putting a sweat shield on leather iwb holster??

old fart

Do any of you think it's needed to have a sweat shield on a iwb leather holster? I am on a very tight budget and found a pro carry hd holster on amazon for $19 free ship molded to my gun, i bought it. the one with sweat shield was $42 after shipping, i know most times the shield is only $10 more but for some reason amazon was running a special on the ones without. now i have carried the gun and hoster several times and it is a great holster but i keep thinking since i have pieces of leather lying around maybe i could put a sweat shield on it. i wear a tee shirt under my outside shirt year around but it still is on my mind if a sweat shield is needed. i only have basic tools and would have to cut it by hand and sew it by hand. just afraid i may mess it up and can't just get another holster right now, what do you all think. the gun sticks out of the holster at top exactly 1 inch. thanks for any help.

not poking me, just saw some holsters have them and wonder if they are needed. as i said before i do wear a tee shirt under my outer shirt.

Back