Putting a sling on a single shot?

shooter43

I want to put a sling on my shotgun, but i'm not exactly sure how to do it since it has no pre- mounted studs or mag tube like a pump or auto. Would any of those packs of studs and swivels from Walmart be useful?

Might think about a screw in stud with a quick release on the stock, and a simple loop around the barrel.

Uncle Mike's

I would suggest a set of Uncle Mikes swivel sling mounts. Machine screw for the forend and wood screw tyoe for the buttstock. they also make barrel bands but these are always my last choice. ..... ;)

Be Safe !!!

Thanks. They sound like a good product. If I can, I will try to buy some. If I get them, I will use the right drill bit size to drill the buttstock, then use just a bit of wood glue to put the stud in place and tighten. As for the fore end, I'll probably take the barrel out before drilling so I don't damage it, then do the same thing I did for the back end.

Measure twice; cut once !!!

They sound like a good product.
Understand that if was mine and I chose to do this, I'd go with this set. Midway sells these but you can get them anywhere you wish. Please look them over before you decide. These are also available for 1-1/4" slings. Each set comes with instructions and the bit size you need. Make sure you "don't" use the wood screw type, in the forend. Take care as the forends can crack quite easily. I don't know your shotgun and how much meat you have to work with. ... ;)

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/64...e-screw-type-sling-swivels-1-black?cm_vc=S014

Take care and;
Be Safe !!!

Is it an NEF. They have slings on the rifles (same gun) and single shot turkey guns. Screw into the forearm and stock.

Back