Puttin' on the grease....

Beagle333

I got a cool new lube stick mold today. I do powdercoat a lot, but I have to also feed 10± lubesizers that I have as well. So I'm going to make my own lube. You can make your own mold block, but there's a fellow on castboolits that sells em already made and saves the trouble. I just need to get a stick of 1" schedule 40 PVC and I'm all set to pour. :) I already have lots of beeswax, 2-stroke oil, micro-wax and a few crayons (for color).
Because.... yeah..... like I needed another hobby. haha.
Happy casting!!! :cool:

edited-image_zpshcvtrfjf.png

Well you never cease to inspire me...I actually built one of those to pour up my own sticks as well. Since I have both type sizers, with a hole and no hole, and could get 2"commercial sticks it was just easier to tremely and mold as I need.

On a side note, if you could incorporate a trough that would allow you set it stop your mold you could simply lay it up before work and with a little help from the sun, when you get home you'll have all your sticks poured up.

I haven't made any yet. But I was reading that you can spray the inside of the tubes with some Pam (before you pour) and it'll make em slide out. I guess I'll do it that way the first time and see.

A fellow on fb told me he uses a 3/8" bolt instead of the dowel, and he can just unscrew it from the stick when it sets up. That might be a better option. Haven't tried either yet.

Neat set up. I got tired of making lube sticks and just stated pouring melted lube straight into the lubesizer. WAY nicer if you have a candle warmer.

Neat set up. I got tired of making lube sticks and just stated pouring melted lube straight into the lubesizer. WAY nicer if you have a candle warmer.

Back in the day I used a Lyman 450 with Apache Blue Lube. The directions were to spoon the lube in but I always melted & poured.

Back