Put in GrayGuns reset kit in my new HK P2000 V3

wild cat mccane

Hi,
I have no affiliation to GrayGuns.

Long time Walther P99 owner and walther trigger fan, I’ve not found much love with other factory trigger feels. Sig STR has been the only one I've found better. HK and CZ have been just particularly bad, for me.

So I like everything about the P2000 V3 (da/sa) for a hammer gun, but again pull is too hard, long, and while reset is not factory rest for double action, it feels where factory rest should be for double again.

I put in the GrayGuns short reset kit. It was significantly easier than I thought it would be. Four parts come out that are held by one pin. The scariest part was thinking I had missed the pin hole and pinched the last piece to the frame. Wouldn’t know what to do at that point to wiggle it free, but it turned out I hit the hole and just tapped the pin in farther. Done.
The reset difference is now massive with almost ½” change.

Installed the 10lbs Wolff spring as well. This moved the double action from too heavy to cleaner and acceptable heavy. In the realm of something like the CZ P-09. No tool to measure change, but feel is not like “WOW” alone, but compared to what it was, it’s improved.
Have not shot it yet. The trigger feel is now acceptable to good. Reset has some travel to it, but nothing offensive.

Slightly smaller than the G19 and a reset that is kinda about equal but with less rolling break…I’m impressed with the P2000.

You can tell I misaligned the pistol back on the paper for the pic, but otherwise I was meticulous in marking.

Thanks

QdxkiMdh.jpg

Some trigger pull measurements from when I was swapping parts a bit ago. These are 5 pull averages with a Lyman digital gauge.

Stock DA measured at 10 lb. 0.2 oz., SA measured at 4 lb. 6.0 oz.

GrayGuns Short Reset System and HK nickel-plated sear spring installed, TW-25B applied to internals
DA measured at 8 lb. 10.6 oz., SA measured at 4 lb. 2.4 oz.

12 lb. Wolff hammer spring installed
DA measured at 7 lb. 7.3 oz., SA measured at 3 lb. 11.5 oz.

10 lb. Wolff hammer spring installed
DA measured at 6 lb. 8.3 oz., SA measured at 3 lb. 7.9 oz.

I agree with you on the reset. Frankly the kit made more of a difference than I expected. I have the same style of kit I used in an HK45 and I was somewhat unimpressed with the result. On the P2000 the results seemed much more noticeable.

On mine I also added Dawson Precision sights, with a fiber optic front and black rear, and Handleit "Edge" grips.

Last edited:
Quick update, I had a light strike with 124 gr Norma brass-cased ammunition with the 10 lb. hammer spring. I haven't had that issue come up with any of the Federal/Vista ammunition I've used. Might be worth trying the 11 lb. spring if you are using this for self defense.

Great post. I have owned a couple of P2000s over the years.

Be aware that the 20k round lifetime of the recoil spring goes down a little when you put in a lighter hammer spring.

Yup. The slide velocity will be higher.

Easy to forget that the hammer cocking takes energy out of the slide motion.

Back