Purchasing, FFL, dealer questions

4T

Inactive
First, many thanks to those who responded to my "Time on the Range" thread. Lots of encouraging material. I'll be back to you all on the individual stuff after I've gotten a little "hands on". Good to hear from the "Jersey Guys", too.
As I understand FFL, one could purchase a firearm from any FFL dealer and have it shipped to a local dealer. Is that correct? How do local dealers feel about that kind of "price shopping"? Is it standard practice? Or do most consider it better to pay a bit more locally if you can find an excellent dealer who will provide top-notch after-sale support. Again, I aplologize if these questions are lame, but I want to get a feel for the market before I hit the shops, because I've got a bad tendency to impulse buy if I see something I really bond with. I'm seeing some pretty attractive prices on the web, and I'm just wondering how much higher the prices will be at the local shops.
Desmond57 mentioned JerseyCity Armory as a great guy to deal with, timrh23 mentioned Sportsman's Center. I checked out the Beretta site. The 92FS-96 EL sure is purty. I don't think they have that one for $499, though<g>. I've read some good things about the Beretta. It would be real nice in a .45 if they existed, as would the CZ75. No one commented yet on the real-world stopping power of 9 vs 45, I am curious. I did appreciate the price comparisons. I think you all have the right idea about getting a .22 after you've blown your center-fire load, uh, I mean budget. Good for those times when one feels the urge to rapidly empty a few clips without that guilty feeling. Not as satisfying, though. Oh well, I'm gonna be broke soon, I can feel it coming...

Back