Purchase 9mm ammo in Las Vegas, NV

Digger686

Hi:

I’m going to be visiting Las Vegas at the start of October. I usually visit a couple of shooting ranges while I’m there.

On my last visit I went to the Clark County Shooting Range, which was a great facility. Most of it was pretty cheap, including range fees, gun rental, targets and safety glasses (which I didn’t have with me so had to buy a pair!).

The one bit that did sting was the cost of ammo, which I seem to remember being $10 -15 more PER BOX than in gun stores I had been in.

Before I go back again, does anyone know whether I can legally, as a visitor from the UK, buy ammo from a local gun store? I’ve checked online and there doesn’t seem to be anything against it, but I’m very keen not to inadvertently fall foul of any local laws.

On a separate note, while I’m in the US I plan on picking up some parts that are harder to get or much more expensive back home. If you know of any good gun stores that would be worth a visit, please let me know!

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
On a separate note, while I’m in the US I plan on picking up some parts that are harder to get or much more expensive back home. If you know of any good gun stores that would be worth a visit, please let me know!
I am mildly sorry for not answering your initial question, but this one interests me more.
What parts are you looking for?

I am mildly sorry for not answering your initial question, but this one interests me more.
What parts are you looking for?

I don’t have a specific list, although I need some 1911 parts - magwell, extended magazine release, grips, slide stop, maybe a trigger…

I also want to pick up some magazines for a 1911 and Beretta 92, and if I can find some reloading gear at a good price I’d get some of that too. To give you an idea, Lee 4 die sets are about half the price in the US compared to here, and their inline bullet feeder die kits are about a third cheaper.

By the time I get some new brass cases and maybe a range bag, I should be getting close to my baggage weight limit :D

I used to live in Vegas. First thank you for visiting and making it so we didnt have to pay state income tax. Your tourist dollars take care of that. LOL

Second there is no state requirement to show ID to purchase ammo. Any regular gun store will happily sell you ammo. Walmart might be an exception. I think they ID all ammo purchases. I dont think Bass pro (south end of the strip) checks ID’s all.

Lastly, is it legal to buy parts here and take em i to your home? I know US import/export restrictions are tricky.

hi ya Digger, good on you for finding the Clark County Range; its one of my favorites.
Spurlock's Gun Store in Henderson NV might be place to start your search. I would use any USA gun mfrs site which lists dealers to research gun shops and query them all while you are at home to ascertain where and what you want. Also Bass Pro, and Sportsmans Warehouse might be good for in stock dies.
max

Thanks very much for all the information. I went ahead and contacted the Clark County Shooting Complex, they have a policy that visitors have to buy their ammo if using a rental firearm. I suppose that way they “know” the ammunition that they carry is safe to use in their guns. Anyway, their guns their rules.

Is there anyone local on here who could recommend a few good gun stores that would be worth a visit? I’ve been to NorthWest Arms and Spartan Arms before and I’ll probably pay them a visit again, as well as Bass Pro and Sportsman’s Warehouse.

Any other tips would be appreciated!

When visiting Las Vegas, you have some great options for gun stores to pick up parts or accessories that might be harder to find in the UK. Bass Pro Shops is a popular spot, offering a wide range of firearms, accessories, and outdoor gear. It’s located right on the strip and worth.
Another solid choice is New Frontier Armory in North Las Vegas, known for its wide selection of firearms, accessories, and even reloading supplies. They also offer excellent customer service, and locals frequently recommend them for ammo purchases

If you'll be there long enough, you could also look into ordering things online and have them delivered to where you're staying

Yes, I’ve been looking at that in the hope of getting some items ordered. I checked with the hotel and they’re happy to receive the deliveries for me (even before I adrive, which is cool).

The problem is a few of the bigger companies have blocked access to their online store from non-US IP addresses, so I might have to wait until after I arrive in the US to place the order and hope it arrives in time before I leave.

Digger686 said:
The problem is a few of the bigger companies have blocked access to their online store from non-US IP addresses, so I might have to wait until after I arrive in the US to place the order and hope it arrives in time before I leave.

VPN -- there are free VPNs.

Back