Puffy Combs faces 15yr sentence, who thinks he will serve a day?

Mantas

I know this news is a few days old but I didn't see another post. Sean "Puffy" Combs (famous for sampling(stealing) other peoples music) was indicted in NYC for his little shooting episode two days after Christmas he faces a 15 year sentence. If the case against Puffy is strong, I think the NRA should make this a poster child case in the nonprosecution of the millions of gun laws(which seems to be their current stance on firearm legislation). He also hired two of the highest profile lawyers (Johnnie Cochran and Benjamin Brafman) and since he is a celebrity and not forced to obey the same laws as us(O.J.) he will not serve a day of time.(just my opinion)

Here are a few links:
http://www.apbnews.com/media/celebnews/2000/01/13/puffy0113pm_01.html
http://news.excite.com/news/ap/000113/14/ent-puffy-lawyers

[This message has been edited by Nick Mantas (edited January 18, 2000).]

Ummmm . . . no. Not one day in jail, though he'll probably have to do anti-gun PSA's on NBC.

"Hello, I'm Puff Daddy. You may think that you're a good person, that you're strong enough to own a gun without shooting anybody. Well, I say that's as ridiculous as believing you can walk through a record store and not steal music from those who came before you. It just ain't practical. When you least expect it, that gun will use its powers to warp your mind, force its way into your hand, and use your feet to go out for a wild night of shooting at people who dis your music. Take it from Puffy--don't turn your back on a gun."

This is really beside the point, but anybody else remember when they were shooting "Any Given Sunday?" Puffy was actually the first choice to play Jamie Fox's quarterback role--but he threw like a girl and none of the coaches they called in could fix it, so they canned him. I know this counts as kicking him when he's down, but what the hell.

------------------
Don

"Its not criminals that go into schools and shoot children"
--Ann Pearston, British Gun Control apologist and moron

I, too, believe little if anything will happen to Puff Daddy...at worst a fine for having stolen guns.
Don't recall his name, the actor who starred in "Chaplin"...Downy or something. The guy had a serious heroin problem and was given a multitude of breaks until he finally got a judge who was hardcore. Point is who you are..celebrity favoritism. Any of us would never had gotten the breaks Downy got. Nor would we get the breaks Puffy is certainly going to get

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes" RKBA!

Somewhat related, somewhat not: did anyone happen to catch the statement from J Lopez' mouthpiece?

"Ms. Lopez does not condone the ownership or use of firearms."

Yeah, except for her bodyguards...

Anyway, Puffy won't have do to jackdammit. If the judge comes down on him, all he'll have to do is cry "racism," and Sharpton and Jackson will rush to his aid.

------------------
"If your determination is fixed, I do not counsel you to despair. Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance."
-- Samuel Johnson

Ms. Lopez is a nice butt with a head and brain tacked on as an afterthought. And before you ask, no, I don't consider this demeaning to women. I consider it demeaning to good-looking morons like Lopez, and that's kinda the point.

Assuming they could ever dig deep enough in the barrel to come up with a jury of his peers, ... no, not one day. :mad:

Now adays as you can see. If you are famous, you usually can get away with just about anything. Look at O.J. Look at Clinton. Nobody rich ever seems to have to be responsible for their own actions. And yes the "reverand" Jackson will be crying racism if he does a day in jail. When will the day come when this kind of PC will finally be done away with? When will we get tired enough of this nonsense and do something about it other than punishing the innocent law abiding citizens??

------------------
"what gives a government that arms the whole world the right to disarm it's own citizens?"

Well, if you want to be an optimist Cliton is throwing money at the problem to hire more agents, prosecutors, etc. Maybe they will get a bee somewhere uncomfortable...

On the second hand, how about writing a letter to the attorney general, DA's office, etc. of where this took place ( NYC? ) and tell them to enforce the existing laws. Write letters, espcially local people, saying that you feel he is a threat to society and should be locked up for a while.
Might not do any good but we need to try.

I've always wondered about filing a reverse discrimination suit saying that "celebs" get fairer treatment unfortunately I would have to prove it...

*sigh*

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DC:
Don't recall his name, the actor who
starred in "Chaplin"...Downy or something.

The actor is Robert Downey.

The guy had a serious heroin problem and was given a multitude of breaks until he finally got a judge who was hardcore.

Cocaine problem..not H.

Point is who you are..celebrity favoritism. Any of us would never had gotten the breaks Downy got. Nor would we get the breaks Puffy is certainly going to get

[/quote]

won't serve a day

------------------
"If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed" Exodus 22:2

Can't remember her name, but an actress who was strongly ant-gun shot herself in the stomach with an "unloaded" revovler while in the great metropolis of New York City. An unregistered, non-permitted revolver at that. When the cops came, they were told it wasw to be used in an anti-gun meeting of some sort. There was never any criminal charges files.
An how about anti-gun newspaperman, Carl Rowan. Shot at two kids in his swimming pool. Don't remember if anything was done to him either, and I'll bet they even let him keep his gun, as he fears for his life.
What hypocrasy!
Paul B.

Paul B., I am 99.9% sure the actress you are referring to is Jennifer O'Neill (Cover Girl model, starred in "Summer of '42," a real brunette beauty) As I remember it, the incident happened back in the 80s. I wasn't aware of the anti-gun angle of the story. Too bad, she always made me pant.

No comment on Sean "Puffy" Combs.
DAL

------------------
Reading "Capitalism: The Unknown Ideal," by Ayn Rand, should be required of every politician and in every high school.

Nope, won't serve a day in jail.
If Combs was indeed carrying, here's to hoping for a hardcore judge. It's about time the dingbat was finally held responsible for his actions. Time will tell.

------------------
Times have changed, but the nature of man hasn't. That's why I always go to AA, "Alert and Armed". :)

[This message has been edited by MissileCop (edited January 20, 2000).]

You never know what's gonna happen. Consider what happened to Tupac Shakur back in Sept. '96 in Vegas. Shot to death, and nobody saw a darn thing.

If my mind still works, it had something to do with his starting some brawl after a gig.
Several hours later, he's pushin' daisies.

You just never know.

Best Regards,
Don

------------------
Ignorance can be cured, stupidity cannot.

Back