PTR-91 (g3) full auto?

Besides the grip not pinning onto your PTR, and that it probably doesn't have the sear, you'd be wasting your money. You could get it clipped, and install it though. Still would be semi. Cheapest way to make your PTR FA is going to run your $11K+

First rule in machineguns: You cannot make a machinegun in the US for civilian purposes. This was banned in May, 1986. If you want a machinegun, you must purchase one that was registered prior to that date. The cheapest machinegun you will find is the Mac-10/11 type subguns for about $3000. If you want an M16 or MP5, it will be around $15,000.

Ah ok thank you guys very much wanted to clarify things thats all btw I think actually the Thompson submachine gun is the cheapest at 1,200 from.....crap I forget who is remaking them but they are apparently the cheapest way to get into class 3's.

PTR91 -> full auto

MisterPX said:
Cheapest way to make your PTR FA is going to run your $11K+
Hope he'll correct me if I'm wrong, but I'd think he means by installation of a registered H&K Auto Sear.

Having fired couple of G3s, I don't feel they are a particularly "FUN" full auto. For me, the effort and expense wouldn't be worthwhile - - Unless, of course, I had an HK94 stashed, in which case the same independantly registered Auto Sear could legally be installed to make the '94 into a pseudo-MP5.

A personal perspective, and certainly, YMMV. :p

Best,
Johnny

Correct, as I don't recall any RR G3's out there. Cheapest sears I've seen lately were $11,600.
Plus side of the sear is that you can have all your 9X rifles do the FA thing for you. Myself, I don't particularly like the 91 FA.

Back