PT&G receiver experience

1stmar

I was searching for receivers and pricing out blue printed Remingtons against Sturgon etc.. and came across Pacific Tool and Gsuge receivers. They are priced a bit more then Remingtons but significantly less then the high end name brands.. I haven't found any reviews on them.

Anyone ever use one of these?

http://pacifictoolandgauge.com/acti...-premium-ptg-rh-la-b-52-custom-bolt-face.html

I have one of their DBM conversions for a Ruger 77 MKIi and it is well made.

While not a receiver, i've gotten several of their Savage bolt faces, and reamers from them.
Thus far have been very pleased with the quality of their products.

Note, while being more expensive than a Rem receiver they are inline pricewise with a Savage target action.

I have actually handled a short action built by PTG and it was nice to say the least.
I have also, on my Creedmoor build installed a 3 position safety shroud, and it is very cool, I will buy more stuff from PTG in the future.

PTG is my go to for all my precision rifle tools. I don't have one of their receivers but I use their tooling to blue print with. If they are doing their 700's in house then they are most likely perfect. Caveat: You should call them to find out if your current barrel will still be head spaced correctly and ask for advice if you're not already skilled in doing this.

I have one of their bolts in my latest build. It's excellent. Smooth like a bank vault door and strong too. One piece of high quality steel. No soldered on bolt handles here.

I am sure their actions are impeccable.

Back