PSD Monolith

Mobuck

I finally got to shoot the unit the last couple of days. Shooting on the 100 open air range between the berms didn't seem to be a real impressive performance. I took the canned upper to the "across the big draw" 300 meter range this evening and lit off 10 rounds. Definitely more impressed after that. Perceived noise using Federal AE Tipped varmint ammo was on the level of a standard 22lr rifle.
This is the performance I was looking for and it came at a very economical price.
The Adam's Arms piston upper is running like a charm. Tossing brass to the 4 o'clock position in a pattern the size of a dinner plate.
One thing I forgot to mention is how hot that steel tube gets (and stays). Seven or 8 shots in 10 minutes while zeroing the scope were enough to make touching the can painful. Ten shots in 4-5 minutes at the long range target made it hot enough to burn skin not as toughened as my calloused fingers. Would definitely damage a tricot/foam lined case, plastic/nylon seat cover, or similar items.
This is far more noticeable than the aluminum tubes on the big Harvester cans. We wrap those with camo stretch tape w/o any issues-not sure this will work on the steel tube.

Last edited:
Back