PSA now owns DDI

marine6680

According to the firearm blog site, PSA (Palmetto State Armory) bought out DDI (Destructive Devices Industries).

Not sure what to think about that.

There are also allegations that DDI just dumped all its employees without warning, but I do not know the trusty to that one.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's gonna be tough on gun sellers and purveyors of all things AR now.

I see it in all these bundle sales going on. They are gonna see a downward turn in sales and many outfits will fall by the wayside.

Depends on how Trump performs, if it looks like he's gonna be a failure, then we might see a demand for guns again.

Four years is not long, campaigns will begin in a short time

There are some who claim DDI has been having quality issues as of late.

While only a sample set on one... when the AK union guys did 5000rd tests on the PSA AK, and the new DDI US made AK... the PSA passed with only minor dings, mostly cosmetic... the DDI broke a critical part in the first few hundred rounds, and even after DDI sent them a new replacement part, it broke again shortly after.

PSA ARs are also well respected by those who don't get caught up in brand. The Battlefield Las Vegas owner sung their praises for being long lasting and tough, and holding up as well as DD and colt on his machine gun range.

Maybe we will see US made AKs, that rival those from overseas, come from this... Who knows.

Unfortunately there are rumors that DDI laid off their entire work force just after Christmas... which is very unfortunate.

Last edited:
For the benefit of those of us not "in the know" might you use the actual name of the companies (and perhaps a brief description) ONCE, before going to all initials when talking about these things?

I lost my secret decoder ring some time ago...:D

PSA... Palmetto State Armory

DDI... Destructive Decices Industries

For those not in the know, DDI showed up a couple years back or so, they were building AKs using parts kits and US made barrels and receivers. They threw in enough US small parts, like the trigger to be 922 compliant.

They got a reputation for building the rifles right, with good fit and finish, at a good price point, around $750...

They recently released their own fully US made AK, but I am not sure it is that great from what little I seen.

My secret decoder ring is jammed up with the sugar from the sugar-coated, chocolate-covered, marshmallow bits of cereal I eat for breakfast---had to use the Googles.

Palmetto State Armory buys Destructive Devices Industries.

https://thearmsguide.com/11297/palmetto-state-armory-buys-ddi-inc-maker-ak47s/

Full disclosure: I did know Palmetto State Armory but didn't know DDI. I had the mistaken belief it might be Daniel Defense but IT IS NOT. DDI is Destructive Devices Industries.

I have always thought PSA had pretty good prices and quality on ARs but have been a bit hesitant to try an AK from them. This makes me a bit more confident in their future AKs.

Back