PSA 1911

All I know of them, was a review about them from the Shot Show, and they said that the fit was very good. However, anything brought to the show, that will be exhibited, will be gone over with a fine tooth comb, so what one sees there, may not necessarily be what the consumer sees after the fact.

On new products, I generally wait until I've seen some reviews by tests done on guns, that were bought from a dealer, by someone like Gun Tests, etc., or by the consumers themselves.

I ordered a frame just to have in stock. Haven't tried a slide on it yet but it looks good . May start a build later this summer.

I got it last week, finish is good and the measurements are all in specs. I'll stick a slide on it next week and see how it fits. I like to hand lap the slide/frame fit but for the price you cant beat it .

Tried the slide off my Springfield 1911-A1 and it was a little tight and would'nt go all the way on so there is a little room for hand fit. A MS housing and grip safety fit good,Dont have all the parts yet for a complete build so that all for now.

No , I got this for a build I'm doing this winter. If I get a part a month I forget how much I have in it and it dont hurt so bad in the end.

PSA had some slides on sale with no markings on them so I ordered on and stuck it on the PSA frame I got a few months back. I was impressed on the fit between the two. Just a tad tight so I may have to lap but probably not. Went online and ordered a Cylinder & Slide hammer and sear, a Nowlin barrel and all the other parts are Ed Brown. Will take a few weeks to get it together and I'll try to post a picture. Has anyone tried the Briley bushing yet?http://www.brownells.com/handgun-pa...auto-spherical-bushing-prod1828.aspx?psize=96 . Looks like a good idea so I may have to get one after I measure my barrel.

finished with grips this morning. Had a few minor fittings to do but not as bad as I thought it would be. If I did another build I would use a PSA frame.

Attachments

• new 45 007.JPG
    new 45 007.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 32
  • new 45 009.JPG
    new 45 009.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 26
  • new 45 010.JPG
    new 45 010.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 28
Back