Prvi Partizan 150gr 30-06 FMJ for Garand

MoGas1341

I am looking for honest feedback as to the overall quality, accuracy, and dependability when using this in a Garand. I know its Euro ammunition and their loading standards are a bit different, but I would like to know if anyone has any personal opinions on this stuff, as I have never bought/used it before in my Garand. Is it clean? Does the brass reload well and is worth saving etc?

Any feedback is appreciated, and here's a link so you can get a visual. Tax returns are coming, so that means its time to restock the ammo! Thanks.

http://sgammo.com/product/30-06/500-round-can-30-06-fmj-150-grain-prvi-partizan-m1-garand-ammo-pp347

I can't speak for their 30-06--but I do buy their 5.56 battle pack ammo for my AR's because I find their over-all quality for budget rifle ammo is very good--generally better than budget Federal mil-sup stuff in my experience. Brass IMO is very good quality too. I know you asked specific to your Gerand and sorry if this is not answering to that directly.

@stagpanther; How is it when cleaning your AR, compared to lets say, Lake City or Federal ammo? Is it pretty close to G.I spec (judging by your shot groups, and sight zero)? I've just never bought their ammunition before, so I approach with caution before buying in bulk if you know what I'm saying.

I'm just a civie puke who likes to tinker with guns and reload for them--so I can't comment on any kind of certification--though if I'm not mistaken their battle pack ammo is actual NATO issue. I use it because it's well made and it's "break-in fodder" for new AR's or builds as well as for collecting brass. I find groups are generally better than low-ball commie stuff or the bulk Federal stuff when breaking in a new barrel or preliminary scope zeroing. I can't recall ever having an issue with it firing or cycling reliably (though I have had problems with their 380 acp pistol ammo). Seems to burn clean though that's a bit relative after sending a hundred or more rounds through the rifle in quick order. The brass looks like it's annealed and primers are sealed. I'd just buy a box or two of 20 rounds and try em out and see what ya think.

Awesome, thanks bud, that was exactly what I was needing to know. If its better than the Commie stuff, that's a big help. I don't think its actual NATO ammo, (we use our own American stuff) but if it acts like it and is boxer primed, with good brass then I'm in! Thanks for your input.

I shoot the Academy branded Prvi (Monarch) in several of my guns. Accurate enough for me for training. For group testing I like HPR ammunition in my AR but for anything else the Prvi stuff works pretty well.

I will say it stinks (literally smells bad) in a gas operated semi automatic and can get pretty dirty. Particularly the steel stuff. But it shoots well in the calibers I've tried -- .223, 7.62X39, 7.62X54R, .308, and 9mm.

the Prvi "Garand" ammo is also what I've stocked up on myself... brass is excellent, loads are not match grade accuracy, but very serviceable... I honestly have not shot enough of them in one sitting to tell you if they are "dirtier" than other domestic... but they seem to function fine in mine :)

This ammo isn't that bad. You can buy better ammo for more but this stuff isn't bad for price.

I just shot 40 rounds out of my rem 700 adl and it is great, my scope isn't sighted in yet so I don't know how accurate it is but it is very good.

Sincerely,
Zach

I buy the 308/168 match PPU when I see it on the shelf. My 700 shoots is as well as any other match ammo. Cabelas has it once in a while. I have not seen any 556 PPU match on the shelf.

I've used their ammo in several semi-auto pistols and bolt action rifles. Accurate enough and doesn't appear to be excessively dirty. Good value IMO.

I've run probably 200-300 rounds of it through my Garand without a problem. I would rate slightly better then Greek surplus HXP ammo. If you reload the brass is of excellent quality. Do some looking and you can find that Privi Garand ammo cheaper too.

Back