Protective finish on SS AR Lower ?

zardoz

I have an uncoated DPMS Stainless Steel lower receiver AR15. Is there any clear coating that I can use to protect the finish on this rifle? I would like to keep the natural SS color. I have been wiping it down with CLP and this seems to work OK but have heard from others that some rusting has occured on their SS receivers. How about a simple spray on polyurethane? The finish appears to be rough from the casting or perhaps bead blasted.

Sweetshooter is a permanent dry film lubricant developed and marketed by Texan chemist Bill England. It chemically bonds with the mental and virtually eliminates any possiblity of rust or corrosion. It is also commonly used in the automotive industry to coat internal engine parts for less friction. It is unequaled as a cleaner and each application will make subsequent cleanings easier. Going price for an eight ounce can is $19.95 plus $5 HIS. You can reach them at [(800)932-4445. I've met the man (Bill England) but don't "know" him and make nothing from sales of the product. However, as you can tell from my glowing endorcement, I am sold on the product. I use it on all my action jobs and for polishing to create a permanent "finish" on stainless guns.

------------------
Gunslinger

TFL End of Summer Meet, August 12th & 13th, 2000

Back