• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Promoting TFL at SHOT, part 2

Spark-
Hope to catch you there. I'll email my location separately.

We've put together some giveaway pens for the show. Problem is, I don't want people to have to walk thru handing them out. I'm looking for booths that might be willing to leave a box of the pens on the counter so that visitors can pick 'em up.

Any help along these lines would be greatly appreciated.
Rich

Spark-
I don't know Clint Smith and Gunsite is currently a bit too controversial as a sponsor. Harry won't be there.

That leaves us to our own devices. Worst comes to worse, we'll hit the booths that are asking people to fill out forms or entries and offer them the pens...should be a fair trade.
Rich

Spark,

We will have at least two booths that I have connections with handing out pens, but we are still looking for locations. The more the merrier.

Meanwhile, please Email me for the location of a coctail party that I am having tuesday night with some assoiciates. Love to see ya there.

------------------
-Essayons

Back