ProLoad Ammo

Chuck40

Inactive
I currently carry Golden Sabers 165 Gr in my G27 and like them. Have recently heard alot of good things about the ProLoad 165 Gr and how it is an excellent round. Just wondering if any have tried it and would recommend a switch. Also does any one know which 165 Gr round is ballistically superior. Thanks for any input.

>...which 165 Gr round is ballistically superior?<

The one finding it's target first. ;)

------------------
May your lead always hit center mass and your brass always land in your range bag.

~Blades~

Chuck40,

When I used to have a .40 S&W I used Proload's 165 gr. Gold Dot as my hollowpoint of choice. The Gold Dot bullet design, in my opinion, is excellent. The bonded jacket really helps to insure weight retention, uniform expansion, and penetration. I was very pleased with Proload's offering. It was also accurate out of my Sig 229. I also tried out Proloads 135 gr. Nosler load. It was o.k. for me, but I decided to go with the heavier 165 gr. offering...

Chuck40,
If you've tested the Golder Sabers extensively without problems, I'd stick with them. No reason to switch unless you plan on running a thounsand trial rounds of the ProLoad through the Glock. Save your money and stick with what you KNOW works... but keep practicing.

Ben

------------------
AOL IM: BenK911
ICQ # 53788523
"Gun Control Is Being Able To Hit Your Target"

[This message has been edited by Ben (edited December 06, 1999).]

Back