Prof Ord Carbon 15 pistol

Bill Siegle

Got it on saturday and shot it today. WOW!!! Had 1 hang up(mag related) in 160 rounds(60PMP 100 Wolf).Recoil was similar to my Glock23. Had my old soda cans dancing all over the place. If I can come up with a way to carry it concealed mabe my carry gun will become a .22:) Lots of flash out of these things though. Brightened up a rainy afternoon. Just wanted to let folks know. I think I'll save up for 1 of the carbines.

One question -

What was the report like? I would think that would be God-awful loud!

BTW, I handled one of those the other day, and was quite impressed.

Thanks!

The report and muzzle blast of the Pro Ord Carbon-15 pistol is very intense. It is so loud that another person cannot comfortably stand next to the shooter on the firing line.

The pistol is pretty cool but my buddy's is finicky. First it is magazine sensitive. He had to set aside magazines for specifically the pistol and tweak them individually to get it reliable. Also it is sensitive to crud. When using cheap ammo it won't go long before it stops going completely into battery. I'm not sure if it is a tight chamber or the modified recoil spring setup, but it needs to be kept clean. This said with the tweaked mags and match ammo it runs OK.

I'm using the factory recommended Thermold mags and had no problems. I figure if they make such a point about magazines in all their literature and all the articles I've read then it probably does make a difference. If your buddy's gun doesn't work all that great I'd get it back to the factory. These aren't cheap guns and for the money they should be utterly reliable.As to ammo I was using cheap stuff and even with the laquer coated Wolf I had no problems.

Back