Production Air Shotgun ".50 caliber"

Air Venturi Shotgun

Really a smoothbore rifle with self-seperating shot canisters.
Bore is close to a 410. What kind of potential do you guys see for this? What sorts of loads could be worked up?

Prbably not something I will buy, but it is interesting.

With consistent spreads of 12” at 20 yards, it's the ideal tool for upland or bushytail hunting.
I have trouble believing that, and with only 750 fps for the bullets, it's not even good enough for anything much bigger than a small dog

Well snap. :(

I literally just had this novel idea the other day and was reaching out to airgun companies to discuss the product. I had no idea it was already in production by someone that beat me to the punch.

Neat to see it in production though.

Interesting, yeah, but those PCP guns are heavy, having to have the steel air chamber right on the gun. So not something you want to lug around.

Squirrel is about as big as you'd want to go, and you'd need to get close. I see this in practicality being limited to not-very-leery backyard pigeons, starlings, and grackles, on the wing. I could just use a much-quieter Aguila Super Colibri in a .22lr if they're sitting still, up to squirrel sized.

Used to have a .22 cal "air shotgun" smoothbore (springer), which used special pellets. Believe it was made by Gamo, and I think I bought it at Academy Sports. Killed a couple starlings, but found it was easier to shoot them with a .177 springer or .22 super colibris, so got rid of it.

Back