Process for changing the carbine to the short barrel sub machinegun barrel LEAGLEY on

Ozzieman

I have a chance to buy from a friend an early 80’s Uzi carbine. The price is good and I have always wanted one. The problem is that I don’t like the gun with the full sized carbine barrel. I have also found sub machinegun barrels on line for <$100.
Has anyone gone through the legal paperwork needed to turn the carbine into a short barreled semi auto? How long did it take?
Thanks for any help.

Someone used to make short barrels that fit semi-auto UZI's. If I recall, they were pretty good quality. However, I don't know if you could still find one or not. Legally, you'd have to register it as a Short Barreld Rifle.

Oh, one other thing - I have no idea how easy it is to find a full-sized barrel for an UZI to cut down - I'd check into that before chopping at your full-sized barrel. On the other hand it probably doesn't matter, because once you've registered it and chopped it, I don't see any reason for putting a long barrel on it again.

Back