• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Problems with posting pics?

JerseyDrez

I dunno why but Im having problems posting pictures. Ive uploaded them before on here and everytime Ive tried lately, it says 'failed upload of file'.

I attach JPEG's that are around 600x600 and they should work fine.

Mods, know what the problem can be?

All of the pictures are JPEG's and are between 50-70KB's.

Ive uploaded pics on here before, but now its giving me problems.

I do have a webshots account, but I dont like linking them through it as people can look at my other pictures which Id rather not have.

test
attachment.php

works?

I'm not sure how webshots works, but for imageshack, you can do direct links which don't provide enough information for people to find the rest of your uploaded images.

(Sorry for the borderline disturbing image, but I just installed digikam and was going through my image collection, and saw this. I figured it was more appropriate than Meghan McCain.)

Attachments

• blut_traenen_tn964.jpg
    blut_traenen_tn964.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 74
I just posted the link from webshots and it uploaded the picture fine, yet when I clicked on the picture to enlarge it, you can also see my other albums which I dont like.

I dunno, I give up!

Would you like to email one of the jpg's that failed to me so I can see if it will upload from here? That would eliminate your ISP fouling up the upload.

Back