Problems With New Kimber Ultra Carry

Sarge55

After alot of thought, I picked up a new Kimber Ultra Carry last week. I'm impressed with its accuracy, but the reliability seems to be somewhat questionable. Approximately 10% of the time, I experience a fail to feed. The rounds are hanging up half way up the breechface. This occurs with all bullet configurations and weights (put about 500 rounds through it). The breechface and ramps are all polished smooth, and I've tried different magazines. Nothing seems to help. I'm stumped! The second problem I'm having, is that another 10% of the time, the shell casings are ejecting straight back into my face (I have the battle scars to prove it!). My grip is firm, with no limp wristing. Any suggestions? Many thanks in advance.......

Sarge, the two probelms you describe combined point to the extractor. Since the gun is new, I'd send it to Kimber and have the extractor polished/adjusted. George

I have an Ultra Elite and was having failure to feed problems with hollowpoints (hardball fed fine), sent it to Kimber and they had it back within 4 days. Have shot over 3000 rounds since with not a single failure. One piece of advice is to change the recoil spring regularly as the compact's seem to wear them out quickly.

Back