• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Problems with IE 4.5 and the new TFL

Monkeyleg

After waiting a few days to see how the installation of the new TFL software went, I find that I'm having problems I can't figure out. Previously I'd used Internet Explorer 4.5 for TFL, since the pages loaded faster. Now, I only get a few posts at best, and the topics that do display are displayed horizontally so that I have to scroll sideways across the screen to see them. But most topics don't even show up. I've tried dumping the cookies from my preferences,
emptying the cache, refreshing the page--everything I can think of.

With Netscape, the forum pages look normal but take forever to load (always did with that browser). But if I click on some topics there's no response. Yet other topics load just fine. If I hit reload some of the topics that wouldn't load previously now will.

Any ideas? BTW, I'm using a Mac (if I weren't, I'd be the sort of person who could figure this out myself ;) ).

Dick
Want to send a message to Bush? Sign the petition at http://www.petitiononline.com/monk/petition.html and forward the link to every gun owner you know.

Monkeyleg, please send me an email with as much relevent information concerning this problem as you can possibly come up with. I don't know a whole lot about mac's, but I am trying to keep track of all these issues, and will offer whatever help I can.

Hi Dick,

From one Mac-Man to another... :)

I had the same problem with the horizontal display of certain threads when the software first changed over. I have recently upgraded to IE 5.0 which is now available for the Mac. Since then, I have only noticed one or two instances of the extreme horizontal display.

I'll watch for another one as I am online tonight, and I'll see if I can't figure it out. If you find a thread that is a problem for you, post a link here and we'll work out the problem. It will help me to know which specific threads cause this viewing problem.

Between You, Me and Caeca Invidia Es, we ought to have enough brain power to figger this out, eh? ;)

Back